Thursday, February 11, 2010

CRCB CH.4 Manage Your Reading Time & EXERCISE



Comprehension should be your main reading goal, not how fast you read. Develop a general study schedule that shows specifically when you plan to study for each class and for how long. Choose the times you study bases on when you are most alert, and determine the length of each study session using your reading averages for the subjected you are taking. Some classes will require more hours of study than others, and the amounts of time you need to aside can vary from week to week depending on the complexity of the material for a specific course.
Track your reading rates so you can create daily reading plans that set realistic goals for your classes each week. After using a study schedule and daily reading plan for several weeks, you will find that that you begin to complete your reading assignments on time. Your reading comprehension will also improve, and you may even read little faster. The reading tips suggested in this chapter that will contribute to your becoming a more efficient reader are: reading quickly when appropriate, skimming, regressing, or rereading, sub vocalizing, pacing.

Reflection:

I often read over and over again and making a mark on important subject or the part that I do not understand so when I skim through it again I'll know exactly what to focus on. It is good for a review as well. I don't like to read it too fast because it won't go in my head. I felt like it went thru and I don't really remember anything. I like to take time to make sure that I understand everything, because if I understand my reading very well, it will makes me enjoy and makes me want to read more!

EXERCISE ( POST TEST ) P.129 part 1

1.) EFFICIENT READING - (D) Comprehending text at an appropriate reading rate.
2.) SPEED-READING - (F) Reading groups of words instead of individual words.
3.) CRITICAL READING -(A) Thinking about what you are reading.
4.) SKIMMING - (G) Reading only some of the words.
5.) REGRESSING - (B) Rereading
6.) SUBVOCALIZING - (E) Reading aloud.
7.) PACING - (C) Using your finger to guide your reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment